It’s so delightful to be able to reach into your cupboards and discover that you have all of the ingredients required to make a gorgeous dessert, and in less than 30 minutes! With these vegan brownies, not only is the recipe simple, but the end result will leave you questioning just why it is necessary to have dairy products in brownies in the first place. This is my first attempt at a vegan dessert, and I am so impressed, and can’t wait to make more and more to share with you. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 8 medium sized slices of gorgeous, gooey brownies.
- 110g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons of ground almonds
- 190g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup (I used butterscotch flavour)
- 120g non-dairy milk (coconut or almond is recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C – 355°F
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients (except for the sugar) and mix together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients and mix well to create a smooth chocolate coloured mixture
- Line a square tin with baking parchment, spoon in the mixture and level it out, and place in the oven on the top shelf for about 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, open the oven and carefully rotate the tin, and leave for a further 5-7 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for half an hour
- Lift the brownie from the tin, turn upside down and peel the parchment away, and then carefully flip back upright
- Dust with vegan friendly sugar or flour, slice up and serve!